Whether you are a new school or just new in your role, you need to navigate many New York City and New York State systems. We have collected some of the most valuable basic guides and resources here:
- The sector is filled with acronyms. Learn what they stand for and links to those systems using our helpful glossary, here.
- Make sure the right members of your school staff have access to the systems they need with our Systems Checklist attached below.
- The Charter Center collaborates with the NYCDOE Charter Office on an annual summer Operations Boot Camp. Go to 2018 Ops Boot Camp for details.
NYC Department of Education (DOE)
- The easiest overview is the NYC DOE Charter Resource Guide. Also make sure you have access to the Charter WIKI
- Galaxy (table of organization), Outlook (email), WebConnect, (for ATS), FAMIS (for purchasing) and the VPortal ( per pupil invoice portal) are among the most crucial DOE systems.
NY State Education Department (NYSED)