Charter schools are committed to serving all students, including English Language Learners (ELLs). The Charter Center’s ELL programming is designed to support your efforts in recruiting, identifying and best educating ELLs. Drawing upon local and national school-level expertise, schools are provided with a variety of operational, programmatic and pedagogical best practices and strategies that can be applied immediately.
A series of trainings and expert webinars are hosted under our ELL support services, along with shared exemplars, templates and best practices for participants. Workshop topics include:
- ELL Identification and Enrollment
- Analyzing ELL Data
- Student Recruitment
- Administering the NYSESLAT
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- ELL Program Models from Across the U.S.
- Student Engagement
Participants will receive:
- Access to local and national industry experts and respected charter school leaders
- Resources, toolkits and exemplars from charter schools with high functioning ELL program models
- Personal consultations with the Charter Center’s Director of NYC Special Education Collaborative and Inclusive Education Initiatives, Melissa Katz