Now that your school has been authorized, it's time to begin building the systems required to make your school successful. The New York City Charter School Center’s Start Right Program is an six-month intensive series of trainings, expert panels, webinars, networking events and one-on-one sessions designed to help ensure your school is prepared for a smooth launch.
Start Right focuses on key strands deemed vital to establishing a solid foundation for the operations of your school. Workshops include:
- Ensuring Good Governance and Compliance Reporting
- Building an A+ Leadership Team
- Recruiting and Enrolling Students
- Hiring Staff and Teachers; Creating Strong HR Policies
- Establishing Fiscal Policies and Procedures
- Addressing Your Facility Needs
- Engaging Parents and Communities
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Access to New York's industry experts and respected charter school leaders from around New York City
- Resources, toolkits and exemplars from high functioning charter schools
- Membership in the Start Up Community of Practice
- One-on-one consultancy with Charter Center staff as needed
To be eligible to participate, you must have received authorization to open a NYC charter school in 2016 and have at least two members of your school team willing to commit to the program.
The program runs from December 2015 through July 2016.
Please see the proposed 2016-17 program syllabus for details.
For questions, please contact Randall Iserman, at email@example.com.