Now that your school has been authorized, it's time to begin building the systems required to make it successful. The New York City Charter School Center’s Start Right Program is an eight-month intensive series of trainings, expert panels, webinars, networking events and one-on-one sessions designed to help ensure your school is prepared for a smooth launch.
Start Right focuses on key strands deemed vital to establishing a solid foundation for the operations of your school. Workshops include:
- Ensuring Good Governance and Compliance Reporting
- Building a strong Leadership Team
- Recruiting and Enrolling Students
- Hiring Staff and Teachers; Creating Strong HR Policies
- Establishing Fiscal Policies and Procedures
- Addressing Your Facility Needs
- Engaging Parents and Communities
- Building your school’s culture for students and staff
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Access to New York's industry experts and respected charter school leaders from around New York City
- Resources, toolkits and exemplars from high functioning charter schools
- Membership in the Start Right Community of Practice for sharing ideas
- Individual consultancy with Charter Center staff as needed
To be eligible to participate, you must have received authorization to open a NYC charter school in 2018 and have at least two members of your school team willing to commit to the program.
The program runs from December 2017 through June 2018.
Please see the 2016-17 program syllabus for details about Start Right’s offerings.
For questions, please contact Randall Iserman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.