Now that your school has been authorized, it's time to begin building the systems required to make it successful. The New York City Charter School Center’s Start Right Program is an intensive series of trainings, school visits, webinars, and one-on-one sessions designed to help ensure your school is prepared for a smooth launch.
Start Right focuses on crucial systems vital to establishing a solid foundation for the operations of your school. Workshops include:
- Ensuring Good Governance and Compliance Reporting
- Recruiting and Enrolling Students
- Hiring Staff and Teachers; Creating Strong HR Policies
- Establishing Fiscal Policies and Procedures
- Managing Facilities and Creating a Safety Plan
- Building your school’s culture for students and staff
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Access to New York's industry experts and respected charter school leaders from around New York City
- Resources, toolkits and exemplars from high functioning charter schools
- Individual consultancy with Charter Center staff as needed
To be eligible to participate, you must have received authorization to open a NYC charter school in 2018 and have at least two members of your school team willing to commit to the program.
$3,200, payable as part of the school’s Charter School Program Grant.
The conference series takes place in February with additional discussions and school visits monthly through June 2018.
For questions, please contact Randall Iserman, at email@example.com.