Now that your school has been authorized, it's time to focus on all of the details required to open your doors successfully. The New York City Charter School Center’s Start Right Program is an six-month intensive series of trainings, expert panels, webinars, networking events and one-on-one sessions designed to help ensure your school is prepared for a successful launch.
Start Right focuses on eight key strands deemed vital to establishing a solid foundation for the operations of your school. Workshops include:
- Ensuring Good Governance
- How to Build an A+ Leadership Team
- Recruiting Your Student Body
- Hiring Teachers
- Establishing Fiscal Policies and Procedures
- The Student Enrollment Process
- Addressing Your Facility Needs
- Engaging Your Parents and Communities
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Access to New York's industry experts and respected charter school leaders from around New York City
- Resources, toolkits and exemplars from high functioning charter schools
- Membership in the Start Up Community of Practice
- Up to three hours of one-on-one consultancy with Charter Center staff
To be eligible to participate, you must have received authorization to open a NYC charter school in 2015 and have at least two members of your school team willing to commit to the program.
Review the 2014-15 program schedule, and check back shortly for an updated 2015-16 schedule.
For questions, please contact Randall Iserman, at email@example.com.