Surround Yourself with People Who Can Help
You’ve just been chartered to open a school in NYC…now what? Do you and your fellow planning team members intend to strategize at each other’s dining room tables? Will you constantly be running to Staples to copy your recruitment flyers? Will you be interviewing potential teachers in coffee shops?
If you are interested in establishing a professional working environment, while receiving supports and resources from NYC’s leading school start-up experts, then the Charter Center’s New School Incubation Program is for you. Over 45 of NYC’s charter schools have incubated in the Charter Center’s office spaces over the years. Incubators have unlimited access to everything from meeting rooms, to supplies to photocopiers and phones. In addition, as an Incubator you have the opportunity to participate in a community of learning that includes other colleagues starting schools as well as unlimited access to Charter Center staff and their many resources and exemplars.
Participation in the Incubation Program includes:
- 24-hour access to your own dedicated office space in the Charter Center’s centrally-located, lower Manhattan office
- Full use of high-speed internet, phone service, photocopiers, postage meters, office supplies, and everything else you need to get your school up and running
- Access to meeting and conference rooms and a mailing address to engage in recruitment, enrollment and community engagement
- Membership in a community of learners that offers support, exemplars, and best practice sharing
- Full access to Charter Center staff, who can assist with operations set-up, public relations, community engagement strategies, charter law and data requests
- Monthly breakfasts with experienced charter leaders and other experts in NYC charter schools
Eligibility:Space is limited. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have been authorized to open a charter school in New York City in 2014
- Demonstrate a need for space Show high operational and academic potential
- Possess a desire to collaborate