Charter schools are committed to serving all students, including English Language Learners (ELLs). The Charter Center’s Recruiting and Educating English Language Learners (REELL) programming is designed to support your efforts in recruiting, identifying and best educating ELLs. Drawing upon local and national school-level expertise, REELL provides participants with a variety of operational, programmatic and pedagogical best practices and strategies that can be applied immediately.
A series of trainings and expert webinars are hosted under REELL, along with shared exemplars, templates and best practices for participants. REELL focuses on three key strands deemed vital to supporting a vibrant ELL population within your school: Operations, Program Models & Pedagogy.
Workshop topics include:
- Identification and Teacher Certification
- Analyzing ELL Data
- Student Recruitment
- Administering the NYSESLAT
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- The "New" LAB-R
- ELL Program Models from Across the U.S.
Participants will receive:
- Access to local and national industry experts and respected charter school leaders
- Resources, toolkits and exemplars from charter schools with high functioning ELL program models
- Personal consultations with the Charter Center’s ELL Specialist, Melissa Katz